Tasting Room Associate
Part-time and Seasonal Positions Available
Olive Us is an extraordinary tasting adventure! Independent and family owned, we’re an award-winning small business dedicated to offering an amazing array of delicious extra virgin olive oils, balsamic vinegars, gourmet foods, & artisan gifts in our warm, urban rustic tasting rooms!
Olive Us Oil and Vinegar Tasting Room opened in Vernon in 2013, Lake Country in 2015, and Salmon Arm in 2018. We are a group of passionate, hard-working, fun loving individuals. We take pride in providing exceptional service that creates a positive, memorable experience for our customers while maintaining socially aware and environmentally friendly practices.
We’re looking for people who enjoy engaging with customers and who demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills. Providing tours, sharing knowledge and promoting our extraordinary products are important roles for the Tasting Room Associate.
As an Olive Us team member, benefits include:
- On the job training in customer service, retail, inventory management, and POS
- Ongoing training: Food Safe I & II, First Aid, etc.
- Flexible work schedule and vacation days
- Employee discounts
- Team activities, dinners, and outings
Skills & Qualifications:
- English proficiency
- Customer service experience is an asset, but not required
- Retail experience (especially in food or wine) is an asset, but not required
- Experience with Point of Sale systems is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Readiness to learn, ask questions, make mistakes, and try again
- Physical requirements: physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing or walking; ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs unassisted, and up to 50 lbs with assistance.
$17.00+ per hour, based on skill set and experience.
How to Apply & Deadline to Apply:
Please submit a statement of interest and resume to Jan and Ray via email to: email@example.com and include the word “resume” in the header. Alternatively, you can drop off a resume at any of our three locations in Vernon, Lake Country, and Salmon Arm. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The deadline to apply is May 6, 2023.
For more information on Olive Us please feel free to come in for a tasting at any of our locations, check us out online at https://oliveusoils.com/, and follow along on our socials @oliveoilbc on Instagram and @oliveusoils on Facebook.