Santa loves these chocolate crinkle cookies… especially with Olive Us Blood Orange agrumato olive oil!
Snowy white on the outside and melty chocolatey on the inside!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup Olive Us Blood Orange, Butter, or Single Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar, for coating the cookies
1. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until combined. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl add the granulated sugar and olive oil. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes (until the mixture is light and fluffy).
3. Add in the eggs and vanilla, beating on medium-low speed until combined. Gradually fold in the flour mixture, and beat on medium-low speed until combined.
4. Form the dough into a large ball, and put in a Tupperware container. Cover the top with parchment so it doesnt dry out. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or up to 24 hours) until the dough is chilled completely through.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
6. Fill a small bowl with the powdered sugar. Form the dough into 1-inch round balls. Dip each dough ball in the powdered sugar until it is completely covered on all sides, and then place them least 1 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes. Then remove the baking sheet from the oven, and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack, and let them cool. Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months
Adapted from @gimmesomeoven