These crunchy Biscotti are amazing when made with Olive Us Lemon Fused Olive Oil, slivered almonds, dried cranberries and white chocolate.
- 2 cups unbleached flour (plus 1 Tbl for handling dough)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup each of slivered almonds, dried cranberries and white chocolate pieces
- 1/3 cup Olive Us Lemon Fused Olive Oil*
- ¼ cup Olive Us Ultra Premium (UP) single varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Olive Us Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp grated lemon zest
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 cups flour, salt, baking powder, slivered almonds, dried cranberries and white chocolate; quick mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Eureka Lemon Fused Olive Oil, single Varietal Olive Oil and brown sugar until combined. Add eggs one at a time and whisk together for one minute until mixture is fluffy. Stir in lemon zest.
- Add dry ingredients to Olive Oil bowl and mix until it comes together as dough (do not over-mix)
- Using floured hands, place all of the dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet and form one long rectangular log or two small
- Place baking sheet in your fridge while your oven preheats. Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes
- Remove biscotti from oven and decrease oven temperature to 300°F. When the biscotti logs are cool enough to handle, use a serrated knife to cut logs on the bias to form 1-inch wide cookies. Turn cookies, cut side down on the baking sheet. Return to oven and bake until dry and toasted, about 8 minutes.
*Note: Any of the Olive Us citrus oils could be used in this recipe
Thanks to Kim Schnell for submitting the recipe for this delicious biscotti!