This 30-minute meal is perfect for a weekday night when you’re in the mood for a warm, hearty pasta meal. Italian sausage (or vegan alternative) can also be easily added to this dish as can numerous vegetables beyond zucchini (ie. eggplant, mushrooms, or shredded carrot). Go Ahead…Play With Your Food!
- ½ lb Roasted Garlic Herb Fettuccine (or another Olive Us fettuccine such as Basil Garlic, Lemon Basil, Spinach Garlic, or Summer Herb)
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Us Herbs de Provence Olive Oil (or Garlic, Milanese Gremolata, or Tuscan Herb Olive Oil)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Us Neapolitan Herb Dark Balsamic (or Oregano, Fig, or Traditional Balsamic)
- 1 (225g) jar Red Pepper and Artichoke Bruschetta (find it at Olive Us!)
- 1C tomato sauce of choice
- 1/3C parsley, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/3C shredded Jarlsberg, Mozzarella, or Gruyere cheese
Heat the oven to 375F. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and add 1 tsp of salt. Add the pasta and cook for about 10-12 minutes or until al dente.
While the pasta is boiling, put a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil, onion, and zucchini and saute, stirring as needed, for about 7-8 minutes until lightly browned. Stir in the tomato sauce, bruschetta, balsamic, parsley, salt and pepper. Heat until bubbling lightly.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4C of pasta water to add to the sauce. Toss together the pasta and sauce and divide into 3-4 individual ramekins or 1 9×9 baking dish. Top each ramekin with cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and melted. Serve and enjoy!