This is a light and delicious dish that is perfect served alongside a large salad or at a summer dinner party!
- ½ lb Plain Trumpet pasta (or any of the other short pastas at Olive Us, like Trumpet Herb)
- 1/4C Olive Us Leek Fused Olive Oil (or Garlic , Single Varietal, Basil, Lemon, or Milanese Gremolata olive oil)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 medium zucchini*, cubed
- 2 Tbsp Olive Us Oregano White Balsamic
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ¼-½ tsp dried chili flakes (optional)
- 1-2 tsp Olive Us Garlic Sea Salt (or Garlic Scape, Rosemary, or Lemon salt)
- pepper to taste
- 1/2C grated parmesan
Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook for about 10-12 minutes or until al dente.
While the pasta is boiling, place a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp of the olive oil and heat until it shimmers. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute until very lightly browned. Add zucchini and a few tablespoons of water, cover, and saute, stirring as needed, for about 7-8 minutes until browned. Remove the lid and add the balsamic, lemon zest, salt, oregano, pepper to taste, and chili flakes if desired. Reduce the heat to low. Stir to coat the zucchini in balsamic and ensure it doesn’t burn. Remove from heat.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4C of pasta water. Add the pasta, remaining olive oil, and reserved pasta water to the saucepan with the zucchini and toss to combine. Top with parmesan and extra oregano if desired. Serve and enjoy!
*This recipe also works well with a number of vegetables such as mushrooms, kale, or patty pan squash.