This mild and creamy fruit pasta dish can be enjoyed as a side, in a summer spread, or as a dessert. The addition of burrata works well to offer a creaminess that cuts the acidity of fresh fruit! As always, feel free to use other seasonal fruits and nuts of choice!
- 1 package Pappardelle’s Fanciful Fruit Blend (as available at Olive Us)
- 1 – 200g container, burrata*
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled and divided
- 1/3 cup Olive Us Lemon Fused Olive Oil (or Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil)
- 1/4 cup Olive Us Blueberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar (or Peach White Balsamic)
- 2 Tbsp honey (optional), to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut one peach into bite size pieces and set aside. Cut the other peach into quarters. Add the peach quarters, Olive Us Lemon Fused Olive Oil, Blueberry Dark Balsamic (and honey if using) to a blender. Blend well and set aside.
- When pasta is cooked, rinse with cold water until cool. Immediately add burrata and blended peach mixture and stir until combined.
- Lastly, add the almonds, remaining peach pieces, and the fresh blueberries. Mix, garnish with mint (optional) and serve immediately.
*Note: alternatively, you could use pieces of fresh mozzarella cheese (i.e. bocconcini) and heavy cream in place of the burrata (about 1/2 cup of each or until the desired creamy consistency is reached).
Created in collaboration with Loretta Friedrich, author of “Your Canadian Food Story”! We both love to feature local, in-season ingredients and help support our thriving community of farmers and makers.