A yummy pasta dish that can be as dressed up or dressed down as you’d like! Serve it to friends at a dinner party or make it as an easy, weeknight meal! Go Ahead…Play With Your Food!
- ½ lb Roasted Garlic Herb Fettuccine (or another Olive Us fettuccine such as Basil Garlic, Lemon Basil, Spinach Garlic, or Summer Herb)
- 5 Tbsp Olive Us Garlic Olive Oil (or Tuscan Herb, Milanese Gremolata, or Basil Olive Oil)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Olive Us Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
- 2 tsp Olive Us Lemon Twist Sea Salt (or Roasted Garlic, Garlic Scape, or Thai Ginger Sea Salt)
- Cracked pepper to taste
- 3/4C ricotta
- 2C brussels sprouts*, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4C basil (optional)
- 1 recipe Crispy feta
Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and add 1 tsp of salt. Add the pasta and cook for about 10-12 minutes or until al dente.
While the pasta is boiling, cut the brussels sprouts in half lengthwise. Add to a pan over medium-high heat along with 1 Tbsp of the Garlic olive oil and 1 tsp of the salt, and saute for about 5 minutes or until browned and just tender. Remove from heat and add 1 ½ Tbsp of the Sicilian Lemon balsamic. Allow the balsamic to caramelize and coat the brussels sprouts, stirring intermittently.
Add the ricotta to a food processor, blender, or Magic Bullet. Pulse or blend for 20 seconds.
Drain the pasta and add it back to the pot. Add remaining olive oil, balsamic, salt, and pepper and toss well to coat. Spread the whipped ricotta onto the bottom of the bowls (serves 3-4) and top with dressed pasta and caramelized brussels sprouts. Top with basil and crispy feta if desired and enjoy!
*This recipe also works well with a number of vegetables such as zucchini, broccoli, kale, or patty pan squash.