This refreshing summer pasta dish is a perfect 20-minute meal to make on weekday nights or for a pasta picnic! Enjoy the bounty of sweet, fresh summer tomatoes and basil featured in this dish. Go Ahead…Play With Your Food!
- ½ lb Plain Fettuccine (or another Olive Us fettuccine such as Basil Garlic, Lemon Basil, Spinach Garlic, or Summer Herb)
- 4 Tbsp Olive Us Basil Olive Oil (or Lemon, Milanese Gremolata, or Single Varietal EVOO)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Us Apricot White Balsamic (or A-premium or Sicilian Lemon Balsamic)
- 1 tsp Olive Us Lemon Twist Sea Salt (or Roasted Garlic, Garlic Scape, or Thai Ginger Sea Salt)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 2 tsp garlic mustard
- 1/2C parmesan
- 1 1/2C cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2C arugula or spinach
- 1/2C basil, chopped
Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and add 1 tsp of salt. Add the pasta and cook for about 10-12 minutes or until al dente.
While the pasta is boiling, prepare the sauce. In a blender or Magic Bullet combine the olive oil, balsamic, salt, zest, garlic, mustard, and parmesan. Blend for 10-15 seconds or until fairly smooth.
Drain the pasta. In a large bowl combine the pasta, arugula, tomatoes, basil, and sauce and toss to coat. Top with extra basil and parmesan if desired and enjoy!