A balance between the creamy burrata and the sweet, juicy blood oranges! Blood oranges are typically only available in late winter/early spring, but works just as well with navel oranges as a summer pasta salad to share with the whole family!
- 1lb Lemon Garlic Orzo (or another orzo from Olive Us such as Supreme Blend, Autumn Harvest, or Spring Medley)
- 4 Tbsp Olive Us Blood Orange Olive Oil (or Lemon, or Persian Lime Olive Oil)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Olive Us Cherry Dark Balsamic (or Pomegranate, Strawberry, or Raspberry Dark Balsamic)
- 1 tsp Olive Us Lemon Twist Sea Salt
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme (optional)
- 200g burrata, pulled apart
- 2C arugula or spinach
- 2 blood oranges*, peeled and sliced
Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and add 1 tsp of salt. Add the pasta and cook for about 10-12 minutes or until al dente.
While the pasta is boiling, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, balsamic, thyme (if using), and salt until thoroughly combined. Drain the pasta and pour into a large serving bowl. Add the arugula, blood oranges, burrata, and dressing. Mix to coat the pasta. Top with the green onion, serve, and enjoy!
*If blood oranges are not available, navel oranges can be used in their place.