The perfect addition to your holiday table or any time you need a flavourful sauce for topping potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a whole roasted cauliflower! Enjoy!
- 4 Tbsp Olive Us Garlic Olive Oil (or Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced or minced
- 1 tsp Garlic Scape Salt (or Roasted Garlic Salt)
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tsp Olive Us Fig Dark Balsamic (or our Traditional Dark Balsamic)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 Tbsp rosemary, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Over medium-high heat saute the mushrooms and shallots in the olive oil until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add the soy sauce, balsamic, garlic, thyme, and rosemary and sprinkle with flour. Cook for 2 minutes to lightly brown, stirring occasionally. Pour in the broth and stir to incorporate. Let simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened to the desired level. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a roasted cauliflower! Enjoy!
Adapted from https://www.loveandlemons.com/mushroom-gravy/.